People still aren’t getting the message that taking selfies with wild animals can be a very bad idea. Yet another tourist was flipped by a bison in Yellowstone last week while shooting a selfie, but that pales in comparison to what happened to a San Diego man earlier this month: the guy tried to take a selfie with a rattlesnake, got bitten, and racked up a $153,000 hospital bill for his treatment.
KGTV San Diego reports that Todd Fassler was bitten on the arm after picking up a rattlesnake from some brush and trying to take a selfie with it.
Doctors had to use up the anti-venom stash at two different hospitals in order to save Fassler’s life, and that “pharmacy” charge added $83,000 to Fassler’s bill. The total cost came out to $153,161.25. Here’s a photo of the bill that Fassler shared with KGTV:
Hopefully, Fassler has a good health insurance plan because he already paid a pretty big price for his dangerous photo attempt.
His strange story is yet another reminder that you should exercise extreme caution when bringing your camera near dangerous wild animals.